Volunteer Announcement Dirty Dancing Festival 2022
FESTIVAL DATE: Saturday, September 10th, 2022
FESTIVAL HOURS: Gates open at 11 AM and close at the completion of the movie - approx. 10PM
Come together and volunteer this season as we share our love for Dirty Dancing, Patrick Swayze and the Lake Lure community. Join hands, hearts and voices, meet new people, and make unforgettable memories while reliving the treasured moments of our all-time favorite movie.
Your gift of service generates a huge impact for the Chamber of Hickory Nut Gorge and their signature event of the year, supporting operations, economic growth and the natural integrity and unity of communities in the Hickory Nut Gorge. Volunteers are the backbone of the festival and immensely counted upon for the event’s smooth and successful execution. We truly appreciate your participation and look forward to a terrific celebration of Dirty Dancing’s 35th anniversary.
The Dirty Dancing Festival Committee is seeking volunteers on a first come, first served basis for each category available. Volunteers may begin registering immediately to fulfill positions. In the unlikely event that we find ourselves with more volunteers than we need for the various tasks, we will create a waitlist to cover cancellations. We encourage and welcome friends and family who may want to volunteer with you.
Volunteer information is provided in detail below. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Dirty Dancing Festival volunteer coordinator Kathie Hatfield at 301-343-5399 or at email@example.com
Receive Volunteer Perks!
* Free festival pass
* Dirty Dancing Festival Volunteer T-shirt
* Designated Parking
* Free Water
* Appreciation After Party - at the Lake Lure Beach pavilion on Saturday Sept 24th (5pm – 8pm)
Volunteer Requirements for all positions:
1. Work a minimum of 4-hours. Volunteers are welcome to work longer hours and multiple days, however the four-hour mark gets you perks.
2. Attend the mandatory volunteer meeting scheduled for Wednesday, Sept. 7, 2022 at Lake Lure Town Hall. Drop in to pick up your instructions & volunteer materials anytime between 5pm and 8pm. This is NOT a 3-hour meeting.
a. If you are unavailable to attend, please contact the volunteer coordinator to let her know. Then set up a date/time to meet with the her before 2:00 pm on Friday, Sept. 9th to receive your credentials and t-shirt.
3. Arrive at a minimum of 15-minutes prior to your volunteer shift to check-in and move into position.
4. No alcohol consumption is permitted while working in the volunteer shift positions.
Volunteer process for registering:
1. Read through the volunteer positions, roles and shifts on the next page.
2. Fill out the Volunteer Registration Form and submit.
3. Even if you have already indicated your interest in volunteering to a Planning Committee member or via email, please submit the Volunteer Registration Form.
4. All positions will be filled on a first come first served basis so get your form submitted early.
5. You will receive a call or email verifying your volunteer registration and acceptance. If the position or shift you indicated is full, you will be notified and asked for a second option availability.
Take some time to review our available positions, roles and shifts to see what appeals to you!
Help Needed: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 12 noon – 4pm (as needed)
Role: Assist with sorting, packaging and labeling pre-sale merchandise.
Friday Set-Up Shift: 2 pm – 6 pm
Role: Assist with merchandise inventory placements and sorting, posting of signs and banners, and cash/credit register set up.
Saturday Festival Shifts: 10 am - 2 pm / 2 pm - 6 pm
Role Responsibility: Selling merchandise items to patrons, running the cash/credit register, straightening and folding merchandise, and assisting customers with products.
TICKET SALES & ADMISSION
Saturday Festival Shifts: 9 am - 1 pm / 1 pm - 5 pm
1. Set-up: Skirt tables, unload containers and set out materials, hang signs/banners and prepare for ticket sales
2. Ticket Sales (as needed): Cash / Credit / hand out wristbands for entry
3. Attendee Check-in: Scan tickets / register Lake Lift contestants / hand out wristbands for entry
4. Will Call Check In: Verify media/VIP credentials / hand out wristbands for entry
5. Front Gate Entrance: Check wristbands for entry / hand out brochures
6. Assisting patrons with questions, directions, schedule of events and other needs
CLUB HOUSE GARDEN TABLE - ALCOHOL GARDEN ENTRANCE
Saturday Festival Shifts: 10 am - 2 pm / 2pm – 6pm / 6 pm – 10 pm
Role Responsibility: Check ID to purchase alcohol from vendors, collect cash, and hand out wristbands.
Saturday Festival Shifts: 8 am -12 pm / 12 pm - 4 pm / 4 pm - 8 pm Onsite and offsite parking areas
Role Responsibility: Collect cash for parking in onsite/offsite lots. Direct patrons where to park. Keep track of open/full parking spaces. Direct guests with parking passes. Direct patrons where to enter the festival grounds.
Saturday Festival Shifts: 9 am - 1 pm / 1 pm - 5 pm
*NOTE – this is a great volunteer opportunity for a group such as a Scouting Troop or School Group
Role Responsibility: Oversee watermelon races, clean up leftover debris
***WATERMELON RACES LEAD VOLUNTEER
The Dirty Dancing Festival is also welcoming a lead volunteer to manage the set-up, cleanup and volunteers for the watermelon races on the day of the Festival.
FESTIVAL PARK MAINTENANCE
Friday Set-up Shift: 2 pm - 6 pm
Role Responsibility: Assist with various set up tasks (tents, banners, trash receptacles, etc.)
Saturday Festival Shifts: 10 am – 2 pm / 2 pm – 6pm / 6 pm – 10 pm
Role Responsibility: Trash pickup and dumpster disposal. Check on porta johns. Report issues and concerns to security.
Sunday Clean-Up and Tear Down Shift: 9 am - 1 pm
Role Responsibility: Clean up all trash from grounds, assist with various tear down tasks.
To register as a volunteer for the 13th Annual Dirty Dancing Festival, please complete this form and click the Submit button below.
Alternatively, please print and complete the form then submit it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR mail a hard copy to Chamber of Hickory Nut Gorge at: P.O Box 32, Chimney Rock, NC 28720
Please submit one registration form per person