We're Hiring a Chamber Director!
If you’re an engaging, highly-organized, community-minded person who likes to work with people, develop strong relationships and effective, well-executed business plans, this position could be for you. The sky’s your limit. You can create a nice salary for yourself, enhance and strengthen the economic viability of a very special, tight-knit community and have fun doing it.
To take the established Chamber of Hickory Nut Gorge, the overall economic development/promotional organization for the small North Carolina communities of Gerton, Bat Cave, Chimney Rock, Lake Lure and Bill’s Creek, to a new level. Research, develop and execute the organization’s overall strategic plan and budget, both annually and long-range.
Work with the board, Chamber members and partnering organizations to research, develop and execute the approved annual and long-range strategic plans of work for this small but community-wide organization.
- Create and implement an overall business plan to meet the financial goals of the Chamber
- Retain and build membership in the organization
- Create, lead and/or support economic development initiatives
- Keep open positive lines of communication with county leaders, chamber members, and supporters
- Create positive relationships with business leaders, both large and small companies
- Partner with area community leaders to drive economic development
- Work with partners to improve the area’s technical infrastructure for future growth
- Ensure that there is an integrated approach and consistent brand message in all communications
- Work with the contracted accounting personnel to ensure all business accounts are reconciled
- Work with the contracted marketing coordinator to maintain strong internal and external communications, social media, website exposure and other forms of marketing
- Assist with internal communications (newsletters, Intranet, etc.), as needed
- Create a volunteer program to support the Chamber’s office needs and Chamber event activities
- Promote the Gorge and its facilities as a viable venue for events, i.e. car clubs, reunions, sporting events, etc.
- Encourage board members to chair a chamber event/activity supported by strong committees comprised of non-board members
- Be the face and spokesperson for the organization
- Represent the Chamber at the local and regional meetings, as needed
- Attend specific community meetings on behalf of the Chamber
- Make presentations to community and civic groups to increase awareness of the Chamber and its programs
*Minimum of four years of college or comparable experience in the area of sales, economic/business development, communications or related field
- An engaging personality that likes to work with the public
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Strong critical thinking and strategic planning skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, effective networker
- Savvy computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet, and email functions
- Strong organizational skills, multi-tasking
- Experience and success in social media marketing, a plus
Job Type: Part-time
Please send your resume and cover letter by Dec. 31st. 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org