• Welcome To The Hickory Nut Gorge!



  • Resource Directory Resource Directory


    Lake Lure & Chimney Rock residents: Visit the Town of Lake Lure site.

    Visit the Rutherford County Chamber page to find information for unincorporated areas.


    Duke: Visit the website or call (800) 777-9898 to start and stop a service.


    North State Gas:

    (800) 786-0383/northstategas.com


    The Town of Lake Lure

  • Phone -- Internet -- WiFi Phone -- Internet -- WiFi

    PANGAEA Internet Service:

    75 S. Trade St, Tryon, NC 28782

    (828) 859-3072


    5 Ravenscroft Dr, Asheville, NC 28801
    (828) 258-8562/


    (855) 350-9760/website.

    Customer Service http://www.attinternetservice.com/existing-customers.html

    HughsNet Satellite:


    Excede Internet:

    (855) 627-2553/website.

  • Television -- Cable Service Television -- Cable Service

    Direct TV:

    (877) 579-0343


    Dish Network:

    (888) 656-2461


    Northland Communications:

    (828) 245-1633


  • Driving Driving

    N.C. Division of Motor Vehicles  |  www.ncdot.org  |  (919) 715-7000

    Driver’s License Info

    Newcomers must obtain a North Carolina driver’s license within 60 days of establishing a permanent residence. You will be required to provide proof of your full name, age and social security number; proof of liability insurance coverage; and proof of residency.

    N.C. has a graduated licensing program for drivers age 15 to 18. Licenses for ages 18 to 53 are renewed every eight years. After age 54, licenses are renewed every five years.

    For a list of acceptable documentation (for proof of identity, liability coverage and residency) and DMV locations, please visit the DMV’s Web site or call the number above.

    Auto Registration & License Plates Info

    Newcomers must obtain a N.C. driver’s license before registering a vehicle. There are some situations under which you can use a driver’s license from another state.

    Newcomers must register motor vehicles. Vehicle registrations from other states usually remain valid for 30 days, but this time period varies depending on your prior state of residence. You must provide the title (unless the title is held by a lien holder) and a valid registration card from the state of prior registration. Fees for private passenger vehicles include a $40 title fee and a $28 registration fee. Registration must be renewed annually.

    Vehicle must also receive an annual safety and emissions inspection that costs $30. Inspection stations are usually found at service stations, car dealerships and auto repair shops.