Still recovering from the fallout of COVID-19, the Chamber of Hickory Nut Gorge cautiously moved forward with events and activities in 2022.
The Chamber Board and Committees worked diligently to engage local businesses and community members through an array of successful programs including:
- A Taste of the Gorge: This was the introductory program to allow local restaurants and other businesses to showcase special menus and promotions focusing on dining options in the Gorge.
- Souper Supper: Bringing back a local favorite, the competition of soups and salads offered many tasty delights and a great night of fun and friendship held at the Riverside Events Center.
- Lake Lure Farmer's Market kicked off its inaugural year in 2022, bringing local farmers, artisan crafts, and live entertainment to Lake Lure every Friday. This new event quickly became a favorite activity for locals and visitors.
- Lake Lure Olympiad: The Chamber helped the Olympiad Committee in planning and implementing the event, which brought 500 participants to the area for a weekend of running, biking, and swimming.
- Dirty Dancing Festival: After two years without the festival, a smaller, more intimate festival was offered to strategically bring back the music, dancing, games, and fun.
- Great Gatsby Gala: Always a favorite, the Gala did not disappoint! The sold-out event brought out the Roaring 20s in all of us against the backdrop of the 1927 Lake Lure Inn & Spa.